This webinar will show you how to leverage your strengths by understanding personality type. It includes four days of of video sessions and email-based course materials. You can purchase this webinar for anytime, on-demand access. The cost is $199.
The most popular webinar I’ve done is about personality type. I’ve taught thousands of people how to crack the code on personality type to get what they want in life.
But you know what? The on-deamand webinar that people have been downloading is really bad video quality. And people complain. To be honest, it’s mostly the ISTJs who complain, and ISTJs hate personality type anyway, because it is in their nature to hate everything except what is perfectly logical to them.
But even if I ignored the ISTJs, which, being an ENTJ, I am inclined to do, it is still true that the video quality of the webinar stinks. So I’m doing a second round of the course.
I could tell you that the course is so so fun and everyone loves it. But maybe you would think I’m saying that only because it’s so fun for me to make money from the course.
So here’s proof: Melissa and I started doing the courses together when Melissa was always on the verge of not making rent. But since then, Melissa has taken everything she knows about personality type and turned it into a recruiting business and she’s on track to make half a million dollars this year.
Can you believe it? Even as I write this, I’m shocked.
So, anyway, you can be sure that I am not paying Melissa six figures to do this course with me, but she’s doing it with me anyway, because we have so much fun. The courses we do together always make us so happy, and we love meeting the people who attend, and I sort of feel like I am inviting you to a party and not a webinar.
Although I am charging you. But I think you get the point.
I am going to have to tell you what you’ll get from the course because I know people like to know that:
You will find out all the terrible aspects of each personality type. You will find out why your boss misses deadlines, why your spouse can’t stop arguing with you, and why you are not a millionaire by now.
You will find out essential tidbits about everyone’s strengths. For example ENTPs are the most adventurous in bed and ISTPs are the most competent in bed. Quick—pick which trait is more important to you.
Did you pick?
The course will also show you why you picked what you did.
I will show you tricks for memorizing traits of each type. For example, it’s hard to memorize that INTJs like to make elegant plans for complex problems, and ENTJs like to lead people with a big all-encompassing plan. But it’s easy to memorize how if an INTJ were going to commit a crime it would be murder and if an ENTJ were going to commit a crime it would be racketeering.
The reason I’m fanatically in love with learning about personality type is that it’s helped me so much in my life. Understanding what motivates me, and the people around me, has made me a better sales person, a better mom and a better wife. When I want to tell my brother to shut up, I remember his personality type and I remind myself what he really means when he says what it is that I want him to shut up about.
The best part of personality type, though, is that when I coach people they think I’m a mind reader. Almost all the time. The truth is that my coaching is a combination of two things: My ability to know what people are thinking and feeling based on their personality type, and my ability to say things to people that no one else will tell them.
I like that people tell me I’m clairvoyant, but you can get that too. Well, you can get the part where you can see it. I’m not sure if you can get the part where you will say it. That might be a special trait that gets you selected for special education in school, and top coaching awards as an adult.
I was going to put links in there — to special education and top coaching awards – but I am an ENTJ. Which means I’m very goal-oriented. And what I want you to do right now, before you read about my career as a special ed student, is to sign up for the course.
Here’s an outline of the course, which I may or may not stick to. But I promise you will learn tons about personality type and you’ll have a lot of fun.
What you get: Everyone will receive course materials, including a link to take a personality type test, and you will receive an explanation of your personality type. And, if you cannot watch the sessions live, you can download the recordings later. Plus, we’ll cover the following topics:
Day one: How to Become a Personality Type Expert
- Understand your type. If you understand your own score you will overcome your weaknesses more readily and you will put yourself in positions where you are likely to succeed. Also, you’ll understand so much more about your past because you’ll have a better sense of who you are.
- Understand other people’s types. It’s actually possible to hear about twenty sentences from someone and get a good sense of their score. And once you get good at that, you feel like a mind reader. It’s incredibly empowering because it allows you to connect with people much faster, and more meaningfully than every before. (This includes your kids. It’s so obvious to me that everyone should use personality type to parent. I can’t believe it’s not taught at PTA meetings.)
- Use that information to be an extraordinary communicator. The key to talking to people so they will listen is understand how they want to hear you. Using personality type information to guide your communication makes you a better leader, better manager, better collaborator and even a better parent.
Day two: Leverage Personality Type to Make Work Great
- Be a better manager by understanding what motivates different types of people. You can only motivate people by using what they care about, not what you care about. Understanding the difference is essential to being able to lead a wide range of people.
- Become a star in your career by understanding what truly sets you apart from other people at work. We underestimate our standout strengths because they are so natural to us. They come so easily to us that we assume most people have them. The best way to understand how we are special is to understand other peoples’ strengths in the context of our own. This allows us to see how we fit together and how we stand out as well.
- Recognize your hurdles as a product of your personality type and find new ways around them. Each of use can get to the top of our field if we know what is holding us back. Most people have a sense of their weakness, but weaknesses are paired with strengths, and if you see your weakness as part of your package you’ll understand better how to compensate.
Day three: Leverage Personality Type to Make Your Personal Life Great
- Find your best career path. If you’re stuck or you’re looking to change careers, you absolutely should understand the demands of your personality type before you move forward. The best way to make a smart career move is to do it in the context of your strengths within your personality type and what will make you feel fulfilled. For many people fulfillment is a mystery. Believe me: it will not be after this session.
- Find your best inspiration. If you surround yourself with people who drain you, you don’t benefit and neither do they. Often, though, we pick people who are familiar to us instead of who is best for us. At work and at home our inspiration comes from our environment—if it is conducive to our finding fulfillment. Understanding your personality type is like getting a recipe for creating surroundings that will encourage your fulfillment.
- Find your best mate. Really. You can use personality type to find your best mate. The system totally works. And even if it’s too late to pick a mate based on your personality type, understanding your needs in this context will make you better at getting your needs fulfilled, no matter who you are with.
Day four: Ask any question!
This will be the day we sort out individual issues with your score or your work or your life. And we will all learn about how other people think by hearing their score and their problems.