Career Management for Today’s Workplace
Social networking is not a trend. It’s part of the culture surrounding our family, our friends and our careers.
In May 2009, 72 percent of surveyed recruiters said they would invest more in social media this year (ERE). Only 26 percent said they would invest more in job boards. Career management is changing, and so should you.
It’s no longer enough to polish your resume when it’s time to look for a new job. You need to be active. Controlling your professional identity”?whether you’re employed or not”?is the hands-on approach to career management that employers are looking for. And that’s what Brazen Careerist is all about.
What is Brazen Careerist?
Brazen Careerist is a career management tool for next-generation professionals. In a career space where experienced professionals win, we’ve created a community that levels the playing field.
Create a profile on Brazen Careerist that showcases more than just your resume, because your ideas matter too. Then, follow real-time updates from your favorite members and begin to build a network the way networking is supposed to happen: through conversation.
When you join Brazen Careerist, everything you do becomes an important part of who you are. From your first profile update, to the real conversations you have with peers”?your ideas are what matter most. We make them accessible to people that look for them:
- Employers and recruiters looking to hire
- Peers at work or in your field
- Entrepreneurs seeking collaboration
- Reporters looking for expert opinions
Never before has instant access to personal information been a good thing. But, when it comes to our careers, why shouldn’t it be? So many social networks leave us wondering what people are going to dig up. Take control of what people see by being a part of a social network that you’ll want your professional connections to see.
Here are a few ways you can see success through using Brazen Careerist:
- Be found by top-choice employers with an ideas-based resume
- Build your network through a customized, professional feed
- Manage your professional brand with a search-optimized profile
- Meet future collaborators through location and interest-based groups
- Create financial stability by managing your career as an asset
So, what are you waiting for? Click here to join!